About the role
Location: Freiburg im Breisgau, working from remote is an option - Full time
Our mission is to empower people and organizations to mitigate the climate crisis by removing CO₂ from the atmosphere. Carbon removal is needed at large scale in addition to massive emission reductions. Next to carbon forestry and the build-up of soil organic carbon, biochar is one of the readily available and scalable carbon-sink solutions.
We are a startup company based in Freiburg, Germany, operating a blockchain-based carbon-sink accounting and trading platform with a primary focus on biochar. We are working in close collaboration with biochar producers, users, independent certifiers, scientists and associations.
You will work in a results-oriented, courageous, undogmatic, fair and collaborative environment.
At carbonfuture, groundbreaking ideas to fight the climate crisis come to live. Bring passion and dedication and there is no telling what you could accomplish.
Job description and key responsibilities
Carbon Removal Product Development
- Assess and integrate new production and carbon-sink certification methods
- Develop and integrate new carbon sink methodologies
- Communication with relevant research and certification bodies
Advisory to biochar producers and suppliers
- Consultancy for biochar projects
- Advisory on methodology and certification
Advisory to corporate customers and re-sellers
- Advisory on carbonfuture standards, platform and methodologies
- Responsibility for specific key accounts
- Publications and information material for associations and policy makers
- Representation of carbonfuture at conferences, associations and lobby groups
- Active exchange and contribution to scientific community
Required skills and experiences
- 7+ years professional experience in carbon markets, greenhouse gas emission strategies and/or regulatory frameworks related to greenhouse gas emissions
- Self-motivated and engaged for the mitigation of the climate crisis
- Excellent communication skills and command of German and English
- Experience in B2B project and partner management
Desired skills and experiences
- Network into (international) corporate sustainability departments
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Other major languages
Hannes Junginger-Gestrich, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 151 677 30471