Carbon Removal Sourcing Manager (Europe & Asia) (m/f/x)
As a Sourcing Manager you source and help set removal projects and their drivers up for long-lasting success. Thus, you enable meaningful, hands-on climate action, with a focus on Europe and Asia. Both areas with enormous potential for carbon removals. You will work on technologies stretching from biochar to enhanced weathering, and we are sure many more will be added during your time with us. You will work aspart of a Sourcing team, home on both sides of the Atlantic, and work closely also with product and B2B sales. Niki (Wohlgemuth) the Head of Supply will be in charge of helping you remove all obstacles and providing you with everything you need for your success and growth.View all Listings
Carbonfuture makes carbon removal from the atmosphere simple, trustworthy, and scalable. Our digital platform and financial services enable a new class of scientifically defensible carbon removal credits while unlocking a path to financial scale for carbon removal businesses globally. The carbon market – a powerful lever of climate impact – is built on trust, and we are building the trusted infrastructure we believe will be essential for our clients' lasting success and, ultimately, for the success of our joint effort to solve the climate crisis.
We started inFreiburg im Breisgau (Germany), have hubs in San Francisco and Zürich and consider the world our oyster. Our ambition and rapid growth have been recognized and fueled by recent investments raised, totaling 8.4 M €. We are thus looking to strengthen our team as we ramp up to the next phase of scale and climate impact.
Your role & responsibilities
As a Sourcing Manager you source and help set removal projects and their drivers up for long-lasting success. Thus, you enable meaningful, hands-on climate action, with a focus on Europe and Asia. Both areas with enormous potential for carbon removals. You will work on technologies stretching from biochar to enhanced weathering, and we are sure many more will be added during your time with us. You will work aspart of a Sourcing team, home on both sides of the Atlantic, and work closely also with product and B2B sales. Niki (Wohlgemuth) the Head of Supply will be in charge of helping you remove all obstacles and providing you with everything you need for your success and growth.
What is in store for you
- Source carbon removal suppliers across all types of durable removals, both maturing (e.g. biochar)and frontier (e.g. enhanced weathering, CO2 injection in concrete,..) in Europe and Asia.
- Do whatever needed to set (y)our suppliers and their projects up for long-lasting success, from project and certification guidance to platform onboarding and beyond.
- Draft contracts and commercial proposals; drive due diligence efforts, together with team and in-house legal experts.
- Manage the pipeline of removal projects and ensure predictability of delivery.
- Build networks and relationships with relevant actors of the greater climate tech ecosystem in Europe and Asia.
- Understand our suppliers’ pains and wishes and feed them to our product team, so that we can turn them into an ever stronger (product) offering.
- Be the face and heart of Carbonfuture in working groups, associations, at conferences and other relevant events.
- Continue learning as the market, technologies and regulatory framework mature. Be an expert that cares.
What you bring
- 3+ years of experience in environmental project management, life cycle assessment, or related fields (ideally in an international environment).
- A university degree in a relevant field (e.g. Environmental Sustainability, Natural ResourcesManagement, Agriculture,...) or equivalent qualification is a plus.
- You had prior exposure to the carbon market. Understanding for - and hands-on experience with - carbon accounting standards and methodologies are a strong plus.
- You are a skillful, fair negotiator and have a good commercial sense. An existing network relevant for the carbon removal space is a plus.
- You enjoy people, have a supporter gene, and take pleasure in helping clients succeed.
- You are self-motivated and are an effective multi-tasker.
- You love to learn and are passionate about helping to solve the climate crisis.
- You are comfortable working in English and German. French is a plus.
- You are willing and able to travel rather frequently (up to 25% of the time).
Join a small, ambitious, and international team and enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Key role in shaping a fast-growing climate tech startup
- Support for learning &professional development
- Flexible working hours &understanding of the importance of work life balance
- A culture of undogmatic, unbureaucratic creativity and collaboration
- 30 days paid annual holiday
- Support for sport and health. Also:You will find keen climbers and outdoor lovers in all our locations 😉
Did we spark your interest? Send us your CV (or equivalent) and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Start: as soon as possible
Place of work: Freiburg or Zurich. Working from a remote location with regular presence in our offices is an option.
Scope of work: full-time preferred