Full Stack Developer (m/f/x)
We are looking for a full stack developer to join our team and help to significantly shape our platform – the high-tech foundation of our business model.View all Listings
Our mission is to empower people and organizations to mitigate the climate crisis by removing CO₂ from the atmosphere. High quality carbon removal is needed at large scale in addition to massive emission reductions. Permanent, measurable, and scalable carbon removal solutions like biomass-into-biochar exist today, and at Carbonfuture, we are intent on supporting and scaling the carbon removal industry to create a real impact in the world we all live in.
Carbonfuture is provider and platform for high quality carbon removal. We are a German-founded startup with an international footprint and hubs based in Freiburg, Germany and San Francisco, California. Carbonfuture acts like a credit marketplace to support and build the emerging carbon removal industry while helping companies reach their Science-Based Targets. For both buyers and sellers, we utilize a blockchain-technology-based digital platform that brings a new level of transparency and speed to credit management. We work in close collaboration with credit producers, independent certifiers, scientists, associations, climate consultancies and carbon-offsetting companies.
We are looking for a full stack developer to join our team and help to significantly shape our platform – the high-tech foundation of our business model.
What's in store for you
· You will work on the further development of the carbonfuture platform – including front-end and back-end, architecture and UX – and ensure its operation.
· You will work closely with our CTO as well as with external partners.
What you bring to the table
· Environmental and climate protection are close to your heart.
· A high degree of autonomy, independence, and intrinsic motivation.
· Detail-orientation with a creative approach to engineering.
· You have very good German and English skills.
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
· Knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, React, Docker, Gradle, Git.
· Ideally, you also have a relevant university degree (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering), knowledge of blockchain technologies (e.g. Hyperledger, Ethereum) and experience in agile software development.
What we offer
· A challenging and meaningful role in an innovative and fast-growing ecopreneur.
· A small but rapidly growing, internationally operating team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change.
· We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration.
· Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from remote or in our great office in downtown Freiburg.
· A courageous, undogmatic and fair work environment.
· It’s an exciting time to be in this rapidly emerging market, where we have the opportunity to become a leading provider of solutions to climate change globally.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion are important to us and candidates from cultures and backgrounds underrepresented in VC-backed startups and the climate space are strongly encouraged to apply.
You are a professional in your field and want to make a real contribution to climate protection in an innovative startup? Join us!
Starting date as soon as possible
Place of work Freiburg, working from a remote location is an option
Scope of work full-time preferred
Any questions? Do not hesitate to contact us:
Matthias Ansorge, email@example.com, +49 177 832 48 99
Please apply in German or English with the usual documents to firstname.lastname@example.org