Business Development Manager - Europe + RoW (m/f/x)
As a Business Development Manager you source and negotiate Carbon Removal purchase agreements that help corporations and organisations contract the removals they need to be effective stewards of our incomparable planet. You apply your kind but effective hustle and bustle throughout Europe and, hec, Asia and Africa if you see fit. You will work as part of a Commercial team, home on both sides of the Atlantic, and work closely also with the supply, product and marketing teams. Dom(inic Lüdin), the Growth Officer will be in charge of helping you remove all obstacles and providing you with everything you need for your success and growth.View all Listings
Carbonfuture makes carbon removal from the atmosphere simple, trustworthy, and scalable. Our digital platform and financial services enable a new class of scientifically defensible carbon removal credits while unlocking a path to financial scale for carbon removal businesses globally. The carbon market – a powerful lever of climate impact – is built on trust, and we’re building the trusted infrastructure we believe will be essential for our clients' lasting success and, ultimately, for the success of our joint effort to solve the climate crisis.
We started in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), have hubs in San Francisco and Zürich and consider the world our oyster. Our ambition and rapid growth have been recognized and fueled by recent investments raised, totaling 8.4 M €. We are thus looking to strengthen our team as we ramp up to the next phase of scale and climate impact.
Your role & responsibilities
As a Business Development Manager you source and negotiate Carbon Removal purchase agreements that help corporations and organisations contract the removals they need to be effective stewards of our incomparable planet. You apply your kind but effective hustle and bustle throughout Europe and, hec, Asia and Africa if you see fit. You will work as part of a Commercial team, home on both sides of the Atlantic, and work closely also with the supply, product and marketing teams. Dom(inic Lüdin), the Growth Officer will be in charge of helping you remove all obstacles and providing you with everything you need for your success and growth.
What is in store for you
- Define, drive and get B2B outbound campaigns off the ground, meaning effectively turn them into long term purchase agreements as well as spot sales.
- Source, negotiate and contract B2B deals that ensure companies mainly in Europe get to implement their net zero strategy including the carbon removal credits they need and can trust.
- Build networks and partnerships with relevant actors
- Manage and collaborate with the supply team to write and submit proposals for credit sales, forecast demand
- Track your sales progress in a way that is easy to follow and makes pure reporting meeting largely superfluous.
- Understand our clients’ pains and wishes and feed them to our product team, so that we can turn them into an ever stronger (product) offering.
- Cooperate with our global sales and supply team in a way to ensure we pull each other to ever higher grounds and mastery.
- Be the face and heart of Carbonfuture at conferences and other relevant events, in working groups and associations.
- Continue learning as the market, technologies and regulatory framework mature. Be an expert that cares.
What you bring
- Multi-year track record of successful B2B Sales on enterprise level, ideally in an international, fast-moving setting.
- You have a good understanding of climate change related frameworks like net-zero, climate neutrality, foot printing and others.
- You love people and listen naturally.
- You are a skilful, fair and effective negotiator, have a great commercial sense and know the ins and outs of effective contracting.
- You communicate engagingly, orally or in writing, and are at home in English and German. French or Spanish are a plus.
- You are imaginative and an almost legendary hustler.
- You are no stranger to CRMs like HubSpot and use them effectively, from pipeline management to dashboard usage.
Join a small, ambitious, and international team and enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Key role in shaping a fast-growing climate tech startup
- Support for learning & professional development
- Flexible working hours & understanding of the importance of work life balance
- A culture of undogmatic, unbureaucratic creativity and collaboration
- 30 days paid annual holiday
- Support for sport and health. Also: You will find keen climbers and outdoor lovers in all our locations 😉
Did we spark your interest? Send us your CV (or equivalent) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Start: As soon as possible
Place of work: Freiburg or Zurich. Working from a remote location in Europe is an option
Scope of work: Full-time preferred
Any questions? Do not hesitate to contact us:
Dominic Lüdin, +41 78 219 19 29
Please apply in German or English with the usual documents, incl. CV and cover letter to email@example.com