Product Designer (m/f/x)
As a Product Designer, you ensure that our digital product is obvious to use, effective and distinctive. You are a key member of a cross-functional product team, thus closely collaborating with a Product Manager, developers, and our commercial teams. You will get to apply your design craft(wo)manship to a client base that is international and varied. Your work will be instrumental to make carbon removals frictionless and thus truly scalable.View all Listings
Carbonfuture makes carbon removal from the atmosphere simple, trustworthy, and scalable. Our digital platform and financial services enable a new class of scientifically defensible carbon removal credits while unlocking a path to financial scale for carbon removal businesses globally. The carbon market – a powerful lever of climate impact – is built on trust, and we’re building the trusted infrastructure we believe will be essential for our clients' lasting success and, ultimately, for the success of our joint effort to solve the climate crisis.
We started in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), have hubs in San Francisco and Zürich and consider the world our oyster. Our ambition and rapid growth have been recognized and fueled by recent investments raised, totaling 8.4 M €. We are thus looking to strengthen our team as we ramp up to the next phase of scale and climate impact.
Your role & responsibilities
As a Product Designer, you ensure that our digital product is obvious to use, effective and distinctive. You are a key member of a cross-functional product team, thus closely collaborating with a Product Manager, developers, and our commercial teams. You will get to apply your design craft(wo)manship to a client base that is international and varied. Your work will be instrumental to make carbon removals frictionless and thus truly scalable.
What is in store for you
- Surface our users’ problems and translate them into powerful, distinctive solutions.
- Drive our design from problem discovery to impact measurement after deployment.
- Turn research findings into UX artefacts (personas, user journeys) that guide and inspire our whole team.
- Create and test storyboards, wireframes, visual mock-ups and interactive prototypes for new features and products.
- Cultivate and operationalise a design system that makes us recognisable and desirable.
- Lead usability testing and iterate on your design proposals based on your findings.
- Inspire the whole team with your passion for and expertise in user-centric design.
- Shape the future of carbon removal and our platform.
- The Chief Growth Officer will be in charge of helping you remove all obstacles and providing you with everything you need for your success and growth.
What you bring
- You have 3+ years of experience as a UX/Product Designer and are keen to continue learning and honing your skills.
- You love interacting with people and are a natural at distilling their pains and gains.
- You are analytical and couple high-quality standards with healthy pragmatism.
- You apply usability principles and love to stay on top of the latest UX best practices.
- You are comfortable using Figma or equivalent (we are not dogmatic) for wireframing, prototyping, and collaborating with team members and stakeholders.
- You are proactive and do not shy away from pulling and pushing as much as is needed for efficient and effective work.
- You are comfortable in explaining and supporting your design decisions and help us avoid design by committee at every turn.
- You are comfortable working in English.
Join a small, ambitious, and international team of people keen to have an impact in the fight against climate change. Enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Key role in shaping a fast-growing climate tech startup
- Support for learning & professional development
- Flexible working hours & understanding of the importance of work life balance
- A culture of undogmatic, unbureaucratic creativity and collaboration
- 30 days paid annual holiday
- Support for sport and health. Also: You will find keen climbers and outdoor lovers in all our locations 😉
Did we spark your interest? Send us your CV (or equivalent) and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Start: As soon as possible
Place of work: Freiburg, Zurich or Bay Area; working from a remote location is an option
Scope of work: Full-time preferred
Any questions? Do not hesitate to contact us:
Dominic Lüdin, +41 78 219 19 29
Please apply in German or English with the usual documents, incl. CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org