Working Student - Marketing & Communications
In our Marketing & Comms team, we are busy spreading the word about carbon removal and our mission to remove gigatonne-scale levels of CO2 from the atmosphere. As the fight against global warming never sleeps, we are looking for a highly motivated and reliable student to support and assist our marketing team in their dynamic daily work.View all Listings
Carbonfuture makes carbon removal from the atmosphere simple, trustworthy, and scalable. Our digital platform and financial services enable a new class of scientifically defensible carbon removal credits while unlocking a path to financial scale for carbon removal businesses globally. The carbon market – a powerful lever of climate impact – is built on trust, and we are building the trusted infrastructure we believe will be essential for our clients' lasting success and, ultimately, for the success of our joint effort to solve the climate crisis.
We started in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), have hubs in San Francisco and Zürich and consider the world our oyster. Our ambition and rapid growth have been recognized and fueled by recent investments raised, totaling 8.4 M €. We are thus looking to strengthen our team as we ramp up to the next phase of scale and climate impact.
In our Marketing & Comms team, we are busy spreading the word about carbon removal and our mission to remove gigatonne-scale levels of C02from the atmosphere. As the fight against global warming never sleeps, we are looking for a highly motivated and reliable student to support and assist our marketing team in their dynamic daily work.
What is in store for you
Support our marketing & communications activities in the following areas: public relations, content management, corporate design, event management, social media.
· Maintain and further expand our press distribution list
· Set up the infrastructure for our PR mailings and support the distribution of press releases
· Create press clippings and media reportings
· Come up with campaigns and new ideas to raise awareness
· Research media outlets, podcasts, marketing opportunities, etc.
· Work on designs and graphics
· Finetune our templates and presentations
· Upload content to our website
· Support event organization
· Learn how to create newsletters and support with Hubspot
· Translate some of our communications from English to German
What you bring to the table
· You are an enrolled student (at least in the fourth semester)at a university or a university of applied sciences studying preferably one of the following subjects: Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related fields.
· You have good MS Office skills.
· You are self-motivated and highly organized.
· You have excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English.
· You are engaged for the mitigation of the climate crisis.
· Working experience in another company or institution is a plus, especially as part of the Marketing or PR team.
· Experience with/knowledge of sustainability themes is a plus.
· Experience in photo editing (e.g. Canva, Photoshop), newsletter and CRM programs (e.g. Hubspot),and CMS programs (e.g. Webflow) is an asset.
Join a small, ambitious, and international team and enjoy the following benefits:
· A fairly paid student job in a pre-Series A climate tech startup
· The possibility to apply your interests and academic background.
· A courageous, undogmatic and fair work environment.
· Flexible working hours &understanding of the importance of work life balance
· A culture of undogmatic, unbureaucratic creativity and collaboration
· Support for sport and health. Also:You will find keen climbers and outdoor lovers in all our locations 😉
You are a student and would love to support us in our mission and make a real contribution to climate action at a leading startup? Join us!
Start: as soon as possible
Place of work: in our office in Freiburg or working from remote
Scope of work: 10 to 18 hours per week
Please apply in German or English with a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org