May 13, 2022
We are excited to announce we just launched Carbonfuture Catalyst. The goal of the Catalyst program is to support teams and companies developing innovative carbon removals through access to revenue, expert support, and methodology guidance.
The carbon removal space is currently a hub for innovation, investment, and growth. To guarantee quality at scale, the Carbonfuture Catalyst program takes a novel approach, serving as a quality-ensuring launchpad for emerging technologies. Its benefits serve multiple target groups: For early-stage carbon removal companies, Catalyst enables the successful evolution from proof of concept to delivery of trusted carbon removal credits ready to scale. For more mature ventures seeking guidance to help develop methodology and procedures in monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) of the carbon sinks they are creating, the Catalyst program serves as a close partner.
Participants are supported along their journey from proof-of-concept demonstration to formal participation in a high-quality carbon removal market. Initial pre-purchasing of credits ensures a path towards long-term and large-scale offtake. Furthermore, the Catalyst brings together innovative CDR ventures, focused on durable COremoval, connecting members to a broader community of corporates and strategic stakeholders committed to making a scientifically defensible climate impact.
• A path to long-term, large-scale credit offtake with exploratory (risk-free, no strings attached) pre-purchase of removal credits
• A team of technical experts across relevant fields
• Support in the development of robust monitoring processes and carbon accounting methodologies
• Formal credit review and approval process before going to market
“This is another big step for us as a company and the overall carbon removal industry” said Hannes Junginger, CEO of Carbonfuture. “Supporting emerging companies that are committed to finding new and trusted ways to do carbon removal is essential to achieving the scale we need to tackle the climate crisis in a meaningful way. Today, there is simply not enough supply and projects to take carbon out of the atmosphere. This problem is huge – as a new industry, we need to build an army of people and companies with shared principles and dedication to fighting this battle together. We are here for those companies and leaders.”
● Net negative emissions, long term Cremoval (100+ years)
● GHG removal capacity: company has viable path to megatonnes of removal by 2030
● Proof of concept in place (e.g., pilot project operating)
● Abides to Do No Harm principles
For further information and application submissions visit: https://catalyst.carbonfuture.earth/